|Dates||October 7 2017toOctober 14 2017|
|Location||Divi Flamingo Beach Resort International, Bonaire|
|Phone||800-446-2671 ext 1556|
Jointly sponsored by Divers Alert Network and Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society, the course is designed primarily for physicians. However, emergency medical personnel, paramedics, nurses and professionals, as well as instructors, divemasters and nonmedical, diving-related personnel with an interest in dive medicine may also find the course valuable.
The program focuses on diving and hyperbaric medicine with emphasis on the latest scientific literature in the field. The course features lectures, case presentations and support materials as well as both formal and informal discussion sessions with faculty.
Through lectures, case presentations, printed support materials, and both formal and informal discussion sessions with the faculty, it is anticipated that attendees completing this course will be able to discuss and clinically apply facts relevant to scheduled topics. Upon completion, course participants should also benefit from a broader understanding of current issues and increased familiarity with recent, relevant scientific literature in diving and hyperbaric medicine. Learning will be reinforced by case reports from the DAN Medical Services Call Center (MSCC) Quality Assurance archives, examples from recent and ongoing diving research, and from the personal experience of the faculty.
At the end of this course attendees should be able to discuss and clinically apply facts relevant to:
• Medical and physical fitness to dive
• Diving safety - issues and current research
• Hyperbaric medicine - applications, protocols and mechanisms
• Decompression physiology and pathophysiology
• Diving injuries and management
• Controversies in diving medicine
NOTE: Saturdays are included in the schedule as arrival and outbound travel days at either end.
Additional information to be posted as available.
Accreditation Statement: This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society and Divers Alert Network. The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
• Designation Statement: The Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society designates this live activity for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
• Full Disclosure Statement: All faculty members and planners participating in continuing medical education activities sponsored by Divers Alert Network are expected to disclose to the participants any relevant financial relationships with commercial interests. Full disclosure of faculty and planner relevant financial relationships will be made at the activity.
• UHMS Disclaimer Statement: The information provided at this CME activity is for Continuing Medical Education purposes only. The lecture content, statements or opinions expressed however, do not necessarily represent those of the Undersea and Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS), its affiliates or its employees.